[R] help regarding storing time difference values in same unit?

Suresh_FSFM suresh.ghalsasi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 10:40:19 CET 2009

Dear R-Experts,

Seek your help.

In a List object e.g. Time_duration[[]], I am storing differece between two
time-stamps (start-time and end-time) for a certain event.
Time difference does not remain constant for, say, 10 observations.
Each time, the time difference is given in different time units: seconds /
hours / minutes.
Can you please tell me - how I can store the values of time difference in
just one time unit ?
It can be either seconds, or minutes or hours. The criterion is - unit
should be consistent.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Suresh