[R] Sweave

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:13:49 CET 2009

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> cameron.bracken wrote:
>>  Kjetil Halvorsen wrote:
>>
>> >  The other problem refered to above comes from this source lines:
>> >
>> >   bubble(NURE.orig, "ppm", col = c("#00ff0088", "#00ff0088"))
>> >

>>  You may have to escape the # character (i.e. put \# instead).  I know this
>>  must be done for backslashes.
>>

> That shouldn't be a problem in Sweave, and in fact "\#" will give a warning.
> I missed the start of the thread, but if the problem is about how some editor
> handles Sweave, then that's a bug in the editor.

Indeed.

Looking back at the original post:

-----quote----
\begin{figure}
   \centering
   <<label=fig1,fig=TRUE,echo=TRUE>>=
  bubble(NURE.orig, "ppm", col = c("#00ff0088", "#00ff0088"))
@
\caption{Contenido de uranio (ppm)}

-----end quote-----

The user's editor indented the line that would have begun the code chunk
had it not been indented.

"Code chunks start with <<name >>= at the beginning of a line..." - Sweave
manual.

So, the supposed code chunk is treated as LaTeX.

Chuck