[R] odfweave sample code error

Michael Bibo michael_bibo at health.qld.gov.au
Wed Feb 4 14:03:45 CET 2009

srinivasa raghavan <srinivasraghav <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have winzip installed in my system.....

> Error in odfWeave(inFile, outFile) : Error unzipping file
> In addition: Warning message:
> In system(zipCmd[2], invisible = TRUE) : unzip not found
>
> thanks in advance,
>
> warm regards,
> srinivas
> statistical analyst.

I have solved this problem by downloading the zip utilities from the site
referenced on the odfWeave help page, and making sure they are placed in a
directory which is included in the system path.  It even works with portable
openoffice.

You may be able to get winzip working with odfWeave through odfWeaveControl(),
but I haven't tried this myself.  See:
http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02/archive/118223.html

Hope this helps,

Michael Bibo