[R] Problems in Recommending R

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 14:48:28 CET 2009

On Tue, Feb 3, 2009 at 7:26 AM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

>  ...   I'd say there was a direct relationship
> between website glossiness and amount of usage - more people use
> Notepad than Emacs. In which direction the causality (if any) works is
> an interesting question...

How many people use Google to search? What about Yahoo? Which
is glossier?

I wouldn't quit using R (hah!), but I would be repelled by a glitzy website
that requires script or plugins or anything beyond a standard web
browser and an old computer to view. That said, there is an advantage
to having an attractive, easy-to-navigate site.

Sarah
--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org