[R] Obtaining partial output from a function that does not run to completion.

John Sorkin jsorkin at grecc.umaryland.edu
Thu Dec 31 16:30:37 CET 2009

Duncan,
Thank you, however, if you will look at my function (bottom of this Email message), you will see that I have used print(). It appears that the print function is not run until the entire function completes running.
John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119
(Fax) 410-605-7913 (Please call phone number above prior to faxing)>>> Duncan Murdoch <murdoch at stats.uwo.ca> 12/31/2009 10:19 AM >>>
On 31/12/2009 9:29 AM, John Sorkin wrote:
> I have written a function that contains runs
> lm()
> vif()  and
> glm()
>
> When the glm() blows up with an error message, I don't get the output from either the lm() or vf() even thought neither lm() nor vif() have any problems . How can I force the function to print sequential results rather than wait for the entire function to complete before listing the functhion's output?

Call print, e.g.

print(x <- lm(...))
print(y <- vif(...))
etc.