[R] svm regression/classification

Tue Dec 29 16:36:36 CET 2009

Hi Nancy,

Comments in line:

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Nancy Adam <nancyadam84 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Can anyone please tell whether there is a difference between the code for using svm in regression and code for using svm in classification?
>
> This is my code for regression, should I change it to do classification?:

I'm not sure how to answer your question ... are you asking how you
can explicitly tell the `svm` function to do classification vs.
regression? Or are you asking if classification is better suited for
your problem than regression?

Are you trying to predict a label or some range of "real valued"
numbers? Can you show us your `y` vector?

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou