[R] [BioC] How to do RMA without summary to probeset level?

Max Kuhn mxkuhn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 22:23:14 CET 2009

You'll need to use calls to bg.correct and the other functions in
sequence and save the probe values along the way.

See the example in ?normalize.AffyBatch.normalize2Reference in the
caret package.

Also, don't email R help about this. Keep it on the bioC mailing list.

Max

On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that you misunderstood me.
>
> As far as I know, RMA does three things: background correction,
> quantile normalization, and summary from probes to probesets. I want
> the probe values after background correction and quantile
> normalization but before the summary.
>
> On Sat, Dec 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM, Benilton Carvalho <bcarvalh at jhsph.edu> wrote:
>> pm(data)

>> On Dec 26, 2009, at 2:21 PM, Peng Yu wrote:
>>
>>> I use the following code to do RMA. I'm wondering how get the probe
>>> level values before the summary to the probeset level values.
>>>
>>> library(oligo)
>>> data<-read.celfiles(list.celfiles(data_dir, full.names=TRUE))
>>> eset<-rma(data)
>>> write.exprs(eset, file='output_file_name', sep="\t")

Max