[R] loading data into ZOO

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:45:00 CET 2009

read.zoo does not allow multiple index fields but you can read it in
using read.table, combine the index fields and use read.zoo to read
the resulting data frame.  Note that read.zoo can read data frames,
not just files. Also note the aggregate= argument on read.zoo allows
direct handling of situations like this where there are multiple time
series each indicated by a field, in this case, SYMBOL.