[R] trouble with model.tables SE means

Jon Prince jonprinc at buffalo.edu
Tue Dec 22 22:22:14 CET 2009

Hi, I'm new to R, with some experience with Matlab and SPSS. I've
figured out how to run my repeated measures anova and am getting the
right numbers for my effects (comparing with results from other
software), but am having trouble with the model.tables function.
Specifically, using:

    model.tables(fm,"means",se=TRUE)

prints the means, but then won't do the SE values, instead giving:

    Warning message:
In model.tables.aovlist(fm, "means", se = TRUE) :
  SEs for type 'means' are not yet implemented"

Asking for SEs for "effects" works fine, but that's not what I want. I
searched the help for this issue and one other person has had this
problem last year
(http://markmail.org/message/k5yxxqcfiihvzvtp?q=list:r-project+model%2Etables),
but the person helping them was unable to replicate it, inferring that
it was an out-of-date version. My version is:

    R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14)

I only downloaded it the other day, and therefore cannot have an
outdated version. How can I fix this error and get my SE values?
Apologies if I have not provided sufficient information, and thanks in
advance for your help.

Jon

--
Jon Prince