[R] issue with using rm: cannot generate on-the-fly list

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Thu Dec 17 15:05:25 CET 2009

The list argument of rm is supposed to be a character vector, as
indicated in ?rm. not a list.

You can do something like this:

rm( list = Filter( exists, c("rv1","rv2", "rv3", "rv4") ) )

or, considering rm only warns when you attempt to remove objects, you
could:

suppressWarnings( rm( list = c("rv1","rv2", "rv3", "rv4") ) )

Romain

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast