[R] Stata files

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Dec 16 10:41:52 CET 2009

I have a client who uses Stata 11.

Can anyone advise me on ways of transferring data from this version of
Stata to R?

Reading the documentation for read.dta in package foreign it seems it
only allows for versions up to Stata 10. I don't know Stata at all but a
  bit of poking around on their website led me to believe Stata 11
couldn't write in Stata 10 format. However Stata 11 can write Excel
files in XML, so presumably .xlsx files.

Any advice, correction of my misconceptions, etc. gladly received.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018

Director of Consulting, Department of Statistics