[R] R question type in Moodle

David Kane dave at kanecap.com
Tue Dec 15 21:05:38 CET 2009

Moodle (www.moodle.org) is an open source course management system, a
competitor to Blackboard. I am writing several hundred R questions
that will be used within the quiz module in Moodle. Unfortunately,
Moodle does not have a built in question type for R. You can read
about the different questions types in Moodle here:

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&perpage=40&search=Question+Type&sort=0&order=DESC&advanced=0&filter=1&advanced=1&f_44=&f_45=&f_46=Question+Type

Note the Junit question type. Given that, it should be easy (?) to
make an R question type. Here are the instructions:

http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Question_type_plugin_how_to

Question: Has anyone made an R question type for Moodle? If not, would
anyone be interested in collaborating with me on the project?

Thanks,

Dave Kane