[R] hdf5 package

jgarcia at ija.csic.es jgarcia at ija.csic.es
Mon Dec 14 20:57:29 CET 2009

Hi all,
I'm testing the use of the hdf5 R library under Windows XP.

With some simple example (an R list with several subobjects as showed in
the examples in the library) the library exports and imports .hdf files
adequately. However, if I try to open the exported file with another
program (HDFView 2.5) I receive the message that the file is an
unsupported format. HDFView 2.5 does not seems to have any problem with
another hdf5 files.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with R exporte hdf5 files and
could indicate if it is likely originated by either the R interface or the
hdf library in my computer?

Thanks and best regards,
Javier