[R] Repeated Measures Analysis - GLM

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Sun Dec 13 18:32:28 CET 2009

Dear Ingo,

One approach would be to use the Anova() function in the car package. See
?Anova and in particular the O'Brien and Kaiser example, which is for a more
complicated repeated-measures design. If you want to get "type-III" tests
(as opposed to the default "type-II" tests), be careful with the contrast
coding for the between-subjects factors.

I hope this helps,
 John

--------------------------------
John Fox
Senator William McMaster
  Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
web: socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox

On
> Behalf Of protonringe
> Sent: December-13-09 11:29 AM
> To: r-help at r-project.org
> Subject: [R] Repeated Measures Analysis - GLM
>

> Hello to the R world...
>
> I have some problems regarding a GLM - repeated measures analysis.
>
> I want to test overall differences between AgeClass and Treatment (between
> subject) with OpenR1+OpenR2+OpenR3 (repeated measures, within subject).
The
> table looks kind like this:
>
> AgeClass	Treatment	OpenR1	OpenR2	OpenR3
> 1	1	0	0	12.63
> 1	1	12.67	3.83	45.67
> 1	1	38.46	65.38	75.21
> 1	1	14.46	0	17.96
> 1	2	27.83	47.33	66.38
> 1	2	15.75	0	10.21
> 1	2	43.96	41.04	51.88
> 1	2	52.96	55.54	41.58
> 1	3	43.13	71.25	82.71
> 1	3	0.25	18.46	27.04
> 1	3	0.79	21.75	68.38
> 2	1	0	0	0
> 2	1	0	0	0
> 2	1	1.17	18.75	45.67
> 2	1	0	0	0
> 2	1	0	0	49.42
> 2	2	2.13	0	26.63
> 2	2	0	8.13	23.88
> 2	2	2.25	0	0
> 2	2	30.96	25.71	10.92
> 2	3	33.33	30.71	16.63
> 2	3	0	20.04	14.88
> 2	3	24.96	0	3.88
> .
> .
> .
>
> I tried several things, for example this:

aov(?????~(OpenR1*OpenR2*OpenR3*AgeClass*Treatment)+Error(??????/(OpenR1*Ope
> R2*OpenR3))+(AgeClass*Treatment))
>
> I don't really know what response-variable to use, or what the
> subject-variable is....
>
> There is no problem to create the model with SPSS, but for my
Diploma-Thesis