[R] too large dimension problem

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 17:51:49 CET 2009

On Dec 12, 2009, at 11:35 PM, David Winsemius wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Moohwan Kim wrote:
>
>> Dear R family
>>
>> When I run the command below, the error message came up. It seems
>> like
>> the problem is about computer capacity.
>> It would be appreciated if anyone could give me a solution.
>
> You would want __________ store such an object, but also to
> ---------------- the answer
                ^not just to^
^manipulate it, so^
> must be: buy a computer with 500GB of RAM.

Besides the errors in English syntax, for which I have no excuses, I
also forgot to mention that there are SparseMatrix classes that are
part of the recommended Matrix package. They may offer a solution in
more limited memory, depending on the application you have in mind.

--

David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories