[R] Regularized gamma function/ incomplete gamma function

Ravi Varadhan RVaradhan at jhmi.edu
Sat Dec 12 00:49:02 CET 2009

You can do this using the package "numDeriv".

require(zipfR)

require(numDeriv)

fn <- function(x, y) Rgamma.inv(x, y)

gRgamma.inv <- function(y, k) sapply(y, function(y) grad(x=k, func=fn, y=y))

plot(gRgamma.inv(y=seq(0,1, length=200), k=1), type="l", xlab="x",
ylab="Derivative of Rgamma.inv w.r.t. `k' ")
lines(gRgamma.inv(seq(0,1, length=200), k=2), col=2)
lines(gRgamma.inv(seq(0,1, length=200), k=5), col=3)
lines(gRgamma.inv(seq(0,1, length=200), k=10), col=4)

I hope this helps,
Ravi.

-------

Ravi Varadhan, Ph.D.

Assistant Professor, The Center on Aging and Health

Johns Hopkins University

Ph: (410) 502-2619

Fax: (410) 614-9625

Email: rvaradhan at jhmi.edu