[R] Literature analysis

Schwan s.s.hosseiny at utwente.nl
Fri Dec 11 14:04:02 CET 2009

Ok good question I havent explain!

Well,lets keep it simple for the begining. By analyzing the
keywords(which can also include the authors name) I mean,

1) investigate in which paper the keyword occur and how often
2) investigate if keywords occur together

X axis can show the paper title (or authors name)
y axis shows the keywords

if a keyword occurs more often in a paper then the dot on the graph
changes the color

if keywords occur together then a symbol the same symbol appears.

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 04:33 -0800, nshephard wrote:

> Schwan wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for all the comments,
> >
> > and sorry about the unstructured question! I am trying to:
> >
> > 1: analyze keywords, names from Authors and year of publication from
> > citations (with abstracts) i downloaded fron various sites(these
> > downloads can be converted into ".txt" files as well)
>
> Sorry to bang the drum but what do you mean by "analyse", is it to simply
> count keywords and rank them, investigate which keywords occur together,
> look at trends in keywords by year or something else completely.
>
> Its a very general term (at least for me as I've no knowledge or experience
> of text mining)!
>
> Neil

Hosseiny, MSc. S.S. (Seyed Schwan)
University of Twente Science and Technology
Meander, ME 322
P.O. Box 217 7500 AE Enschede
The Netherlands
Phone +31 534892869