[R] Literature analysis

Schwan s.s.hosseiny at utwente.nl
Fri Dec 11 13:19:26 CET 2009

Thanks for all the comments,

and sorry about the unstructured question! I am trying to:

1: analyze keywords, names from Authors and year of publication from
citations (with abstracts) i downloaded fron various sites(these
downloads can be converted into ".txt" files as well)
2: to cluster these literature according to the analyzed keywords,
authors or year of publication

The software Refviz I was referring to earlier can be found here:
http://refviz.com/

As I said, I have never worked with R before so I can not send any
example.

Hope this helps to understand my question better.

Cheers

On Fri, 2009-12-11 at 13:06 +0100, Stephan Kolassa wrote:
> Hi,
>
> from what I understand, you may be interested in text mining, so perhaps
> you want to look at the tm package.
>
> Then again, depending on what you are really trying to do, you may be
> better served with perl, awk and similar tools than with R...
>
> HTH,
> Stephan
>

> Schwan schrieb:
> > Dear all,
> >
> > i am new in R. I am writing a review paper about batteries. However, i
> > am interested in analyzing all the papers by keywords, author,
> > references and year.
> > This could be done by "refviz" a software, which is only running on
> > windows machines and which is not free.
> >
> > So my question to you is, is it somehow possible to write a script that
> > can do all of this work?
> >
> > And if yes, with what i should start?
> >
> > Thanks a lot in advance,
> >
> > Schwan

Hosseiny, MSc. S.S. (Seyed Schwan)
University of Twente Science and Technology
Meander, ME 322
P.O. Box 217 7500 AE Enschede
The Netherlands
Phone +31 534892869