[R] Notification of false convergence with lmer()

jjh jjharden at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 12:09:18 CET 2009

I am running the lmer() command in a for loop and occasionally a particular
iteration is producing the false convergence warning. I would like to be
able to mark these iterations with a dummy variable, but I can't find any
other notification besides the warning message, which, in a for loop, only
is printed after the loop is finished (which does not allow me to see which
iteration it happened on). Is there any way I can mark which iteration in
the loop produces the false convergence?

Thank you.