[R] Open user's R function

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Dec 10 23:45:06 CET 2009

On Dec 10, 2009, at 5:19 PM, Lisa wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> How can I open my own function in the R console window? For example,
> I have
> a function called my.function.r saved at the following directory

Try:

source(file="E:/My documents/R files/my.function.r")

Note that I changed the backslashes to forward slashes. R grew up on
Unix machines and the backslash is used as an escape character. You
could, of course, escape the backslashes, but I can never remember
whether you need two or three backslashes in a row to get the desired
effect.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories