[R] Labeling plot points

Doug logickledoug at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 10 21:48:43 CET 2009

Hi, all. I've been searching for a while to find out how to create an
scatterplot which would let a user interact with it, specifically by
hovering the mouse over a point and having a pop-up appear with data about
the point. The pop-up would disappear when the mouse moved away. I've
included a mock-up below.

I've found out how to use identify() to make a label appear when clicking a
point, but as far as I can tell that label text remains on the plot once
inserted. If pop-ups aren't supported in R, is there a way to make a text
label disappear when the mouse is clicked again? Are there other R graphic
libraries I should use for this kind of feature? Any pointers or sample code
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

http://n4.nabble.com/file/n960517/Untitled.bmp