[R] "prodlim" problem with censor ticks in stratified KM plot

bnorth bnorth at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 17:49:33 CET 2009

I am having a problem with the censor tick marks with plot and prodlim
I am using the example code from ?prodlim but I have added mark.time=T to
the plot command to get tick marks at censor times.
The problem is the tick marks occur at exactly the same point in each of the
arms.
This seems wrong as the censorings do not occur at the same times in each
arm.

pfit.edema <- prodlim(Surv(time,status)~edema,data=pbc)
summary(pfit.edema)
summary(pfit.edema,intervals=TRUE)
plot(pfit.edema,mark.time=T)

Here is my sessionInfo

R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United Kingdom.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
Kingdom.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United Kingdom.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods
[8] base

other attached packages:
[1] prodlim_1.0.5      survival_2.35-7    KernSmooth_2.22-22

many many thanks to anyone who can spot my error