[R] automated image processing

Gregoire Pau gregoire.pau at embl.de
Tue Dec 8 13:27:34 CET 2009

Hello Martial,

Cell segmentation is not easy in many cases. Cells may overlap and
contain complex structures such as organelles or cytoskeletal fibers
that hinder the determination of cell membranes.

There is no one-size-fits-all algorithm that can process and analyse
cellular tissues in an automatic way. It really depends on your cells
and stains.

The package EBImage provides general purpose functionality
for reading, writing, processing and analysis of images. EBImage
documentation contains an example on how to segment, quantify and
classify HeLa cells in different states:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/bioc/html/EBImage.html

Hope this will help,

Greg
---