[R] bootstrap help

casperyc casperyc at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 00:39:45 CET 2009

Hi there,

i think that's not what i was aiming for...

i was aked to

Generate 50 Bootstrap samples and corresponding estimates

if i do data[sample(nrow(data),size=50,replace=TRUE),]
it will give me a table of 50 rows ( 50 sets of x and y)
then how do i estimate the mean? ( mean was esitmated by the bar{x}/bar{y} )

i mis undertood that too.
but now, i think what i actually need is

50 sets of this kind (49 rows) of tables from bootstrapping
so that i can have 50 different 'bar{x}/bar{y}' s
then to estimate the mean...

Thanks.

casper