[R] Announcing a new R news site: R-bloggers.com

Romain Francois romain.francois at dbmail.com
Sat Dec 5 22:52:00 CET 2009

On 12/05/2009 09:32 PM, Tal Galili wrote:

> Hi Dirk,
>
> I wish to emphasis that I came across PlanetR over a year ago,
> but completely forgot it existed when working on R-bloggers. Also, when I
> contacted the bloggers about this idea, non of them actually wrote to me
> about it (which makes me feel better about not remembering it). I apologies
> if setting up R-bloggers seems like trying to "compete" with PlanetR, this
> at all wasn't my intention.
> Yet, now that my website is up, I hope it will be of use and here
> are several ways in which (at hindsight) I can say it has something to
> offer:
>
> 1) Planet R is limited (for years) to 26 feeds only, and I don't remember
> seeing it evolve to include (or allow inclusion) of new R blogs that came
> around.

That's not quite true. If you send an email to the maintainer of planet
R, he will add your feed (both my blog and r graph gallery was added
this year for example).

> 2) The feeds are of blogs and non blogs (such as wiki or cran updates). That
> makes finding "reading material" inside it very difficult, since the site is
> cluttered with a lot of "updates" from cranbarries and the wiki.

I see this as a good thing. In the program i use to read planet R
(thunderbird) you can filter out things you are not interested about.

I have requested to be added to yours anyway, might be good for my pagerank.

--
Romain Francois
Professional R Enthusiast