[R] Error when running Conditional Logit Model

Hien Nguyen hien.nmsu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 23:49:45 CET 2009

Dear Dr. Winsemius,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I have tried many possible combinations (even with the model of only 2
predictors) but it produces the same message. With more than 4000
observations, I think 14 predictors might not be too many.

Although my dependent variable (Pin) is not discrete  (it ranges from 0
to 1), I do not think it will create problems to the estimation but I'm
not sure

I have checked the collinearity among predictors and they are all < 0.5
(which I think is OK). Do you know what else could make this errors?

Thanks a lot

Hien Nguyen