[R] no html help upon upgrading to 2.10

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Fri Dec 4 21:46:37 CET 2009

?help   (see argument help_type)
?options

This has been asked before. My understanding is that there was a licensing
issue with Microsoft's compiled html help; so what you need to do is specify

options(help_type = "html")

in your startup process. There are a variety of ways to do so, explained in
?Startup .

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics