[R] Standard deviation for each element in a set of matrices

Muhammad Rahiz muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk
Fri Dec 4 18:56:41 CET 2009

Hello R-users,

I would like to know how to find the standard deviation for each element
in a set of matrices.

Given the following files,

    File1    File2    File3
    1 1 1   4 4 4   7 7 7
    2 2 2   5 5 5   8 8 8
    3 3 3   6 6 6   9 9 9

I want to calculate the standard deviation for every cell in the file
(I'm using gridded data). The desired output is

    Output
    3 3 3
    3 3 3
    3 3 3

Thanks.

Muhammad

--
Muhammad Rahiz  |  Doctoral Student in Regional Climate Modeling
Climate Research Laboratory, School of Geography & the Environment
Email: muhammad.rahiz at ouce.ox.ac.uk