[R] R igraph clusters component

Gábor Csárdi csardi at rmki.kfki.hu
Fri Dec 4 09:16:07 CET 2009

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 3:12 AM, Gaurav Kumar <gaurav at gauravkumar.org> wrote:
> Hi R-users,
>
> I'm using igraph for an undirected graph.
> i used clusters() igraph function to know the component size(subgraphs) as shown bellow:
> c <-clusters(g)
> # component sizes
> size <- sort(c$csize, decreasing=TRUE)
> cat("Top 20 cluster of the graph","\n")
> for (i in 1:20)
> {
>   cat(i,"  size:",size[i] ,"\n")
> }
>
> Can anyone help how to extract the subgraph components  based on the size as  edgelist-format.

V(g)$name <- seq_len(vcount(g))-1
lapply(head(order(c$csize, decreasing=TRUE), 20), g, c$membership,
FUN=function(w, g, m) {
  get.edgelist(subgraph(g, which(m==w-1)-1))
})

This gives you the largest 20 components. Best,
Gabor

ps. there is also an igraph-help mailing list, see
http://igraph.sf.net. Just in case you get no answer on R-help.

Gabor Csardi <Gabor.Csardi at unil.ch>     UNIL DGM