[R] barchart() {Lattice} -- auto.key()

Peng Cai pengcaimaillist at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 00:27:59 CET 2009

Hi R Users,

I'm using following data/code (data is also attached) to produce a stacked
barplot.

*I need help with changing legend boxes, currently I'm using
"rectangles=TRUE". Is it possible to get small squares instead -- may be
with a small gap between colored squares.* Currently there is no gap between
the colored rectangles.

# Sample Data:
Names Col1 Col2 Col3
Row1 -20 40 -10
Row2 30 -20 40
Row3 30 10 -20
Row4 20 20 -10

# R Code:
dta<-read.table("data.txt", header=TRUE, row.names="Names")
barchart(data.matrix(dta),
      horizontal=FALSE,
      stack=TRUE,
      par.settings = simpleTheme(col = 3:5),
      auto.key=list(space="right", rectangles=TRUE, points = FALSE),
      border=NA,
    scales = list(relation="free", y = list(at = yScale)),
    panel=function(x,y,...)
    {
        panel.abline(h=c(yScale), col.line="gray")
            panel.barchart(x,y,...)
    }
)

Any help would be appreciated,