[R] R script From PHP

Hrishi Mittal hrishimittal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 12:30:05 CET 2009

I agree with Romain that you should probably try and get Rserve to work as
that is a much better way. However, to get your commandline version working,
I suggest you use the Rscript comman instead of a bash script. So let's say
you save your R script as a myscript.R file. Then do:

shell_exec('Rscript /path/to/myscript.R'." 2>&1");

If that still gives you an error like Rscript command not found, then you
need to make sure your R bin directory is added to the PATH system variable.