[R] Re How to remove R banner?

Charlotte Maia maiagx at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 05:27:24 CET 2009

Hi,

Annoying????
I love it (except possibly when re-directing standard out to a file).

I think it's one of the command line options (in which case, it will
be clearly documented).
No idea how it works on the GUI systems (maybe an option somewhere...).

In saying that, I have to assume that if people (you?) want control
over R, they are using the *command line in the first place. The GUI
systems represent a complete loss of control (esp the mac version,
omg).

There's always that in-between group who use Emacs/ESS, won't go there...

*I use gnome-terminal + bash, plus a mixture of text editors.

regards
--
Charlotte Maia
http://sites.google.com/site/maiagx/home