[R] Container/Collection Object to keep data structures and object

Amir Liu amirkliu88 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 2 02:15:33 CET 2009

I want to have a collection object that can store objects. In R I only saw lists. But these only seem to be able to handle basic objects like numbers and strings. Whenever I tried to add more complicated objects or just very simple data structures like matrices I would get an error like:

"number of items to replace is not a multiple of replacement length"

What is the general purpose collection object in R to store more complex objects, or how are these things generally approached?

Kind Regards,

Amir