[R] question about availability of splines library for 2.10.0

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Tue Dec 1 01:29:25 CET 2009

On Nov 30, 2009, at 6:47 PM, Alan Swanson wrote:

> Dear R gurus,
> I am using the gbm library under R version 2.10.0, which depends on
> the splines library.  I have searched the various repositories and
> can't seem to locate any current version of the splines library.
> This is strange because I had previously installed splines (built
> under 2.10.0 according to the description) on another machine.
> Where can I find this library?
> Thanks in advance,

They don't appear to show up within my package Installer search, but
it seems unlikely that would be a persistent problem since it is a
recommended package and the docs say that the R Core Team is the
maintainer. Isn't that package part of the default installation? The
stats package doesn't show up either which suggests that using the
package manager is not the right way to access the package. I'm
guessing that you should try:

library(splines)
sessionInfo()