[R] RE xcel - two problems - Running RExcel & Working Directory error

Raoul raoul.t.dsouza at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 05:24:28 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am using RExcel both at work and at home and am facing a couple of
challenges. The one at home is that when using RExcel and trying to run any
code that involves changing the working directory, I get the following
error.

Error in command:
setwd("C:\\Raoul\\R\\R Maps_UK Maps_Test\\NUTS_03M_2006_SH\\shape\\data")\n
  cannot change working directory

The one at office is more complicated, I have had R,RExcel & the DCOM
package installed and re-installed numerous times but still get the error
"there is no R server connected to Excel" and when I try to set the server
it does not work.

Could someone please help me out with these problems?

Thanks in advance,
Raoul