[R] SFBA R Users Group - Fall kickoff w/ Hadley Wickham, more news, & call for presenters

Jim Porzak jporzak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 07:12:50 CEST 2009

The San Francisco Bay Area useR Group is very excited to host Hadley
Wickham on Sep 17 for our Fall kickoff meeting. Details at
http://www.meetup.com/R-Users/calendar/10446894/

This year we are moving our regular meeting monthly meeting to the 2nd
Tuesday of each month. Also, we hope to rotate the venue around the
Bay Area. Hadley's presentation will be on the Cal Berkeley campus.

Exceptions to the 2nd Tuesday rule will be made to accommodate out of
town speakers, like Hadley, and special events. One such event is our
2010 kickoff meeting co-sponsored by Predictive Analytics World on Feb
16th where we expect to repeat last February's highly successful
meeting. Mark your calendars!

Be sure to join our meetup http://www.meetup.com/R-Users/ to keep up
with the latest news.

Last, but certainly not least, we are setting our 2009/2010 schedule
now. If you would like to present to an enthusiast bunch of gRoupies,
please contact Mike Driscoll or myself.

Best,
Jim Porzak
Ancestry.com