[R] teaching R

Frederik Elwert frederik.elwert at rub.de
Thu Aug 27 22:57:30 CEST 2009

Am Donnerstag, den 27.08.2009, 15:40 -0500 schrieb Andreas Stefik:
> Along this same note, are there any editors that have good code completion
> (intellisense) capabilities for R? I'll be teaching R to undergraduates this
> semester and I imagine having code completion would be helpful.

JGR[1] is quite good at code completion and shows function signatures as
a tooltip. (At least in the Console, I’m not sure this still works in
the editor component.)

But I’m also quite pleased with R’s readline support, so a plain
terminal window gives you quite good code completion. :-)

Cheers,
Frederik

[1] http://jgr.markushelbig.org/JGR.html