[R] Winsorized mean and variance

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Thu Aug 27 05:25:59 CEST 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 8:58 PM, Roberto Perdisci wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>  after searching around for quite some time, I haven't been able to
> find a package that provides a function to compute the Windorized mean
> and variance. Also I haven't found a function that computes the
> trimmed variance. Is there any such package around?

Perhaps it was a spledding problem?

http://search.r-project.org/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=winsorized&max=100&result=normal&sort=score&idxname=functions&idxname=Rhelp08&idxname=views&idxname=Rhelp02

If you can define what you mean by trimmed variance, I suspect that
building a function would be straightforward.