[R] table, xyplot, names, & loops

Daniel Malter daniel at umd.edu
Tue Aug 25 19:44:18 CEST 2009

Just plotting the mean is not very informative (at least not more
informative than providing the same information in a table). If you want to
show some of the distributional properties of height for each Age_group x
City pair, try box-and-whisker plots ?bwplot

Imagine you have four age categories and five cities.

 Age=rep(0:3,each=25)
 City=rep(0:4,20)

 e=rnorm(100)

#Create a dependent variable
 Height=(Age-1)+(City-1)+(Age-1)*(City-1)+e

#Box whisker plot of Height by Age category for each City
bwplot(Height~factor(Age)|factor(City))

Daniel

cuncta stricte discussurus