[R] Monotone Smoothing specifically I splines

Helen Powell h.powell at stats.gla.ac.uk
Mon Aug 24 18:43:39 CEST 2009

Hello

I am looking for a function to create an Integrated (I) spline basis,
somehting similar to the likes of 'bs' and 'ns'. I have come across the
funcitons,

fda::eval.monfd   Values of a Monotone Functional Data
                   Object
fda::/.fd         FDA internal functions
fda::monfn        Evaluates a monotone function
fda::smooth.monotone
                   Monotone Smoothing of Data
mgcv::mono.con    Monotonicity constraints for a cubic
                   regression spline
splines::backSpline
                   Monotone Inverse Spline
stats::isoreg     Isotonic / Monotone Regression

but none of these are specifically for an I-spline. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Helen Powell (Glsagow)