[R] jpeg device loop problem

AllenL allen.larocque at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 02:19:58 CEST 2009

Dear R gurus,
Trying to loop a graphing function and output a jpeg file each loop. It
works fine for a single run (ie. not looping) but when I loop the output is
nothing but white space.
Here is my code, somewhat abridged:

{
<rest of loop>
  jpeg(filename=<"name for this loop.jpeg">)
  xyplot(AbvBioAnnProd~Year|factor(Plot), type = c("b", "r"), pch =
16,data=dd.mono.i,main=<"name for this loop">)
  dev.off()
}

Is there a problem with my device settings? As I noted above it works once
but not when repeated. I'm afraid I do not understand the implementation of
the devices well enough to know. Is there a good graphics tutorial you could
point me to?

Thanks!