[R] reading from dataframe?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun Aug 23 17:30:19 CEST 2009

On Aug 23, 2009, at 7:39 AM, rami jiossy wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I have a very basic question about  reading element from dataframe T
> (2 dimentional)
>
> I want to extract element T[1,1] as a string. T[1,1] returns an
> element with "names", means header.
>
> this i cannot compare with any other list of strings.
>
> how can i fix that?

You are expecting us to offer advice on the basis of things that we
cannot see. Show us preferably the output of dput(T) and failing that
at the very least the output of either dput(T[1, ]) and str(T). It is
possible that unlist(T[1,1]) or unname(T[1,1]) could be the answer,
but without better evidence those are wild guesses.

--
David Winsemius, MD
Heritage Laboratories