[R] Strange package installation error

Janet Rosenbaum janet.rosenbaum at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 15:12:31 CEST 2009

Thank you very much for the suggestion:  you were spot on with the
problem.  As you and the package developer suggested, I upgraded R (I
was running 2.6.*) to 2.9.* and the package installed with no
problem.  I hadn't known that could be a problem.   Incidentally, is
there any way to get R to install all the old packages I had before
when you upgrade, other than doing it manually?

Janet

On Aug 21, 2009, at 10:27 PM, Juliet Hannah wrote:

> Hi Janet,
>
> Were you able to install the package? I just installed it without
> problems. I don't
> think there should be any issues installing it. If it has not worked
> yet, make sure your
> R is updated, and if it is, maybe reinstall it.
>
> Best,
>
> Juliet

Janet Rosenbaum, Ph.D., A.M.
Postdoctoral Fellow, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
janet at post.harvard.edu