[R] categorized barplot

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Fri Aug 21 13:14:46 CEST 2009

Rafael Moral wrote:
> Dear useRs,
>
> I can't seem to find out how to categorize my histogram.
>
> I have the following dataset:
>
> Time            First.day  Second.day
> 08:00-10:00        9             8
> 10:00-12:00       13           15
> 12:00-14:00        9             9
> 14:00-16:00       10            9
>
> I attached a jpeg file to this e-mail containing the sketches.
> What I'd like to do is a barplot (or histogram), firstly with 2 categories - first and second day (figure 1)
> And then with 4 categories - the times (figure 2)
> Also, I'd like the graphs both with lines (as sketched) and bars.

Hi Rafael,
The hierobarp function in the plotrix package does something like this,
overlaying successively finer breakdowns. I am currently writing more
variants of this function and one that displayed a multiway array would
be quite useful. If you think that a variant of hierobarp would suit
your needs, let me know.

Jim