[R] Function "nsl()" missing in package utils

Janko Thyson janko.thyson at ku-eichstaett.de
Fri Aug 21 11:48:28 CEST 2009

Dear list,

today I stumbled across the function „nsl()” for the first time in order to
perform a hostname lookup. According to the R Reference Index (Version
2.9.1, page 1522), the function should be part of the "utils" package.
However, I cannot find it in the utils package of my installation(s). I've
tried the R-versions 2.8.1, 2.9.0 and 2.9.1.

I'd be very thankful if someone could give me a hint on "nsl" or some other
function to do a hostname lookup!

Regards,
Janko Thyson

Janko Thyson
janko.thyson at kuei.de

Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Ingolstadt School of Management
Statistics and Quantitative Methods
Auf der Schanz 49
D-85049 Ingolstadt