[R] Problem with predict.coxph

Marc Schwartz marc_schwartz at me.com
Fri Aug 21 05:03:21 CEST 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 9:26 PM, Therneau, Terry M., Ph.D. wrote:

> Ramon and Michael
>  There were 2 simple issues: first a set of fixes I made in May that
> hadn't been pushed out to CRAN yet; second I needed to replace
> 'terms' with 'delete.response(terms)' in one place so that predict
> didn't try to find a response that it doesn't need.
>   You can grab the up to date code from r-forge.r-project.org (just
> search for survival).  I committed the change this evening, it
> should appear in the public copy within a day.
>
>    I'll try to push it out to CRAN tomorrow, but have one small
> question for the maintainers first.  (Do I increment the release #
> in the DESCRIPTION file myself, or does it happen automatically?)
> Hopefully the fixes will make the upcoming release.
>
>  Thank you both for the clear description of the issue; it made
> fixing it a breeze.
>
> Terry Therneau

Terry,

R-Forge is essentially an online subversion repo with an automated R
package build system behind it. It does not modify your svn files as
committed.

You need to manually bump the version information in the DESCRIPTION
file in order to change the actual package version for the next
nightly build.

Successive commits will bump the svn revision counter, but not the
package version. This gives you the ability to commit multiple changes
to your code, without modifying the package version until you
explicitly want to. You can then decide when to submit to CRAN when
ready, which R-Forge makes easy to do as well.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz