[R] function of probability for normal distribution

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Aug 20 19:33:03 CEST 2009

It looks like you are reinventing wheels here (not necessarily a bad thing).

If you want the probabilities associated with the normal distribution, then look at the help for dnorm and pnorm functions.

If you are recreating this as a learning experience/homework, then you should be up front about that, what is the assignment? What level of help are you allowed? Etc.  Then be more explicit in what parts you understand and what you need help with.  This list is generally not for homework help (definitely not for doing it for you), but there are cases where the question and limitations are clear that we have given appropriate hints.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org