[R] Erros with RVM and LSSVM from kernlab library

Wed Aug 19 21:17:22 CEST 2009

> Steve,
>
> That makes sense, except that x is a data.frame with about 70
> columns.  So I don't see how it would convert to a list.

Yeah ... not sure if that's what happening (R class relationships/
testing is still a bit of a mystery to me), but see:

R> df <- data.frame(a=1:10,b=1:10)
R> is(df)
[1] "data.frame" "list"       "oldClass"   "mpinput"    "vector"

But

R> is(df, 'list')
[1] FALSE

So, in short, I don't know if that's what's happening ... did it fix
your problem, tho?

-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou