[R] Hist & kernel density estimates

maram salem marammagdysalem at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 17:31:50 CEST 2009

Dear All,
Attached are the codes of a histogram & a kernel density estimate and the output they produced.

In fact the variable q is a vector of 1000 simulated values; that is I generated 1000 samples from the pareto distribution, from each sample I calculated the value of q ( a certain fn in the sample observations), and thus I was left with 1000 values of q and I don't know the distribution of q.

Hence, I used the attached codes for histogram and kernel density estimation toestimate the density of q.

But what I'm really intersed in is to estimate the probability that q is greater than a certain value , for ex.,P(q>11000), using the density estimates I obtained.
 Could u help me with a fn or some document to do this?
Thank u so much

Maram