[R] how to pass more than one argument to the function called by lapply?

jim holtman jholtman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 13:33:07 CEST 2009

lapply(yourList, function(x1,x2,x3){x1*x2*x3}, x2=12, x3=34)

?lapply
lapply(X, FUN, ...)

sapply(X, FUN, ..., simplify = TRUE, USE.NAMES = TRUE)

replicate(n, expr, simplify = TRUE)

Arguments
X a vector (atomic or list) or an expressions vector. Other objects
(including classed objects) will be coerced by as.list.
FUN the function to be applied to each element of X: see ‘Details’. In
the case of functions like +, %*%, etc., the function name must be
backquoted or quoted.
... optional arguments to FUN.

Noitce the '...' which are the "optional arguments to FUN".